Due: October 15
For the period: October 1- September 30
The SANREM ME and its partners are required by contract to submit a technical progress report to USAID annually. This report describes the past year’s activities including technical, scientific, managerial information and associated research products. Please complete all seven sections and associated tables. The SANREM fiscal year ends on September 30. Each Principal Investigator is responsible for submitting their technical progress report and associated research products by October 15 of each year to the ME in collaboration with their US and host country partners.
- Complete all sections of Form 15 (pdf) in Word or Rich Text format, using Times New Roman in 12-point font and single-spaced. The same information from Form 15 is also laid out on this webpage.
- In addition to the report, you will need to submit Forms 16-21
- Please edit your reports carefully!
- All Annual Report material should be submitted to Keith Moore at: email@example.com by October 15
Links to required forms:
- Form 16 – Degree Training Table (upload to Scholar site), (Instructions for Form 16) [explained below]
- Form 17 – Non-Degree Training Table, and [explained below]
- Form 18 – Publications and Other Products Table [explained below]
- Form 19 – USAID Common Indicators due 31 August [please update and attach as well]
- Form 20 – LTRA Research Strategy and Development Objectives [explained below]
- Form 21 – SANREM Leveraged Funding [please update and attach as well]
Annotated Annual Research Activity Report Format:
Content of Form 15 is below, which details the format you should follow for your Annual Report submission.
- Use only the Section Headings (I. thru VII.) from this document (do not include the instructions in your text).
- All formatting should be kept to a minimum.
- Text should be flush-left, no paragraph indent, with an empty line between paragraphs.
I. Executive Summary
- The annual report should begin with a brief synopsis of scientific accomplishments over the past year specifying their potential developmental impacts.
- This brief section should summarize research goals, significant research findings and products, development impacts, long and short term training, and development networking resulting from your research team’s activities.
II. Research Strategy and Developmental Objectives
- Please insert Form 20 (Research Strategy and Development Objectives) presenting your research goals, strategy, transdisciplinary framework, critical scientific hypotheses or research questions, and the methods to address your development problem.
- This section should be updated as the project strategy evolves.
III. Research Progress by Objective
- This section is the core of the annual report. Please structure it according to your research objectives.
- For each objective, use the following sub-headings to describe your scientific progress and development impacts:
- Critical Research Accomplishments (describe key research implementation, outputs, and findings);
- Development Impact (describe the extent of progress along the development pathway); and
- Challenges and Responses (realistically note the extent to which the project timeline is being met, any obstacles encountered, and the actions taken or proposed to respond to obstacles).
IV. Degree and Non-Degree Training Activities
- Please complete/update the Degree and Non-Degree Training Tables (Form 16 and Form 17).
- Please follow instructions on Form 16A for completion and submission of Form 16 to the SANREM Scholar Website.
- You will find your most recent Form 16 in your drop box on the SANREM scholar site. If you have forgotten your password for the Scholar site, you can type in your email in the bottom right box and your password will be reset. Please update the file, highlight changes, and upload the new file.
- Long-term tracking of CRSP long-term training impacts requires full information on each student.
- Non-Degree or short-term training programs include workshops, seminars, field days, short-courses, etc.
- These tables will be consolidated with those of other LTRAs.
- Please insert here a paragraph summarizing the total number of trainees by gender and US and host country according to type of training program.
V. Publications, Presentations, and Other SANREM Products
- If you have been routinely entering your research information resources on the SKB, this section of your report (Form 18) will be included in the final report by the ME.
- If you haven’t, please do so immediately.
- All information resources produced by your LTRA should be entered into the SKB by October 15.
- Please forward an electronic copy or at least two physical copies of all SANREM produced materials to the ME for archiving and submission to USAID/Washington.
- Please insert a paragraph under this heading summarizing the total number of SANREM products by type of information resource (see headings in Form 18).
VI. Networking Activities
- Describe research investigator exchanges, contacts made, technical assistance, and participation in information sharing and dissemination events (workshops, seminars, presentations, etc.).
VII. Project Highlights
- Each highlight should be a concise bulleted statement describing a critical finding, result or impact of your research (not more than two or three lines of text).
- The quality of the bulleted highlights is extremely important.
- Please take the time to:
- identify a substantial output/result and its impact(s); and
- clearly and precisely describe its significance.
Links to Forms
- Form 16 – Degree Training Table Form 16
- Form 17 – Non-Degree Training Table
- Form 18 – Publications & Other Products Table
- Form 20 – LTRA Research Strategies and Development Objectives
- Form 21 – SANREM Leveraged Funding
- If you have questions about any of these forms, email the ME: firstname.lastname@example.org