Travel Instructions for Foreign Nationals to Non-Training Activities

For non-training situations when you would like a finance the travel of a foreign national (student, researcher, et cetera), they do not need a USAID J-1 Visa nor do they need HAC insurance.

The foreign national can apply for their visa through their embassy, as they usually would, and then your budget manager can reimburse them if you budgeted for their travel.