Since we are all acting on behalf of USAID, 22CFR216 requires that we document any pesticide that is proposed for use or procurement. In an effort to safeguard the health of the people and environment where we work, follow these steps to comply with this requirement:
- Download and read Form 24 – PERSUAP Instructions (MS Word).
- PIs should coordinate with host country partners to get the information that will go on the following PERSUAP forms.
- Complete a PERSUAP narrative–Instructions and a form are included in Form 24A – PERSUAP Narrative (MS Word).
- For each and every proposed pesticide that you may use, complete Form 24B – PERSUAP Questionnaire (PDF).
- PIs are to submit these documents to Michael Mulvaney at the ME at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ME will complete the next step and final submission.
The next step:
- Any potential hazards — to humans or the environment — of your proposed pesticide use will be identified.
- If any of your proposed pesticides have potential hazards, procedures will be proposed for the mitigation of those hazards.
- Once your PERSUAP proposal is approved by USAID, all project personnel will be expected to comply with mitigation procedures.
Dr. Michael Mulvaney with the ME has a fairly large database of completed Form 24Bs for many pesticides.
- If you would like a copy of any or all of those documents to use as a template for your application, please contact him at email@example.com.
- He also has various examples of approved PERSUAPs, if you would like a copy of those as well.